It's been  a month since my last post and things have changed a lot here. Since the 22nd of January our association is closed because of the new coranavirus measurements.  But we started doing the classes online, I feel like these classes are a lot better than what I expected, and the kids are enjoying them. We (referring to myself,Clementine, Diana, and other alumni from the association) are assuming co host's tasks that consist in helping in our classes, in the break out rooms, coming up with ideas at times or simply supporting the teachers. The atsmosphere and stakes changes and with that the different responsabilities, so instead of doing practical work like I did for instance in the office, here I got to translate different activities for Silvia (adaptations from Peter's work in Ireland, at Crooked House), as well as editing videos of the online classes and putting them on Youtube,... 
I also kept my Ragaire project going : one Saturday, i had the experience of creating an cultural association "Liberakto" with the other members of Ragaire, we came there with our pajamas and signed as members of the association.
 We also maintained meetings online with the whole group, we try to keep doing physical theater, but it gets hard online as one might expect. We have decided a subject, "Mental disorders" and we each work on a different one, mine is OCD. When we finally go back to presential, we will get to each create a piece according to these disorders with the help of Miguel. The purpose is to create a type of documentary, using all of our creations.
It is a tough situation but we are trying our best to keep a kind of harmony, may it be in classes or in the association in general, intenting to keep a sense of normalcy.
To conclude, I hope that the next post I submit will be talking about us coming back to presencial !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog